9 December 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
NOTE: There will be a special media briefing from 9:00-9:30am on the Human Development Report key findings with UNDP economists prior to the start of the official programme. Your media house and representatives should RSVP to reserve a spot in the media briefing.
UNDP is launching the South Sudan Accelerator Lab and the 2019 Human Development Report (HDR) at Palm Africa Hotel on Monday 9th December 2019 at 09:00 AM under the theme “Accelerating Impact for South Sudan’s Transformation: Beyond Income, Beyond Averages, and Beyond Today.”
The 2019 HDR launch aims to inform stakeholders in the development space about salient new dimensions of inequality. To further link the findings of the global report, the event will bridge into the launch of the South Sudan Accelerator Lab, as the Lab’s focus is on the alleviation of poverty as a pathway towards recovery and resilience by specifically addressing youth employment and empowerment, private sector and value chain development. The Accelerator Lab launch provides an energetic infusion into the HDR launch as it focuses on elevating and scaling local solutions to development challenges in South Sudan.
What: Launch Event: “Accelerating Impact for South Sudan’s Transformation: Beyond Income, Beyond Averages, and Beyond Today”
When: 9 December 9:00am
Where: Palm Africa Hotel
- Hon. Salvatore Garang Mabiordit, Minister of Finance and Economic Planning
- Hon. Aggrey Tisa Sabuni, Presidential Advisor on Economic Affairs
- Hon. Peter Lam Both, Member of the National Dialogue and SPLM Secretariat
- Mr. Mou Ambrose Tiik, COO of m-Gurush
- Ms. Luris Mulla, Entrepreneur with Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme 2019
- Ms. Grace Aguil Garang, Member of East Africa Youth Parliament and co-founder of Oxygen Girls Foundation of South Sudan
- Dr. Kamil Kamaluddeen, UNDP Resident Representative
- Members of the diplomatic community